terça-feira, 14 de abril de 2009

Why we should not wear clothes of trainings



I 'm very sad.

Today I went to the balance and I did not like what I saw.
When I'm nervous I just feel like eating. And lately I have been nervous.
The life is not easy.
When I was at work during these hours, the problems of work did forget the other problems.
Now I'm more free, and I only think about eating cakes and choclolates.
But I can and will lose weight.

Leave the clothes of training is the first choice I have to do, because they are large and I didn't see as I was getting fat.
Diet begins today

1 comentário:

JLukas disse...

Hello.
This calls for some intervention. You tried to translate certain expressions directly from Portuguese, but even though the words may have the meaning you were thinking of (as "balance" may, in certain contexts), an English-speaking person would never say things this way.
1. OK, let's take this expression: "Today I went to the balance". First, "scales" is more common and would be used in everyday language rather than "balance" (which is more often used in the sense of "equilíbrio". I figure most people would just say. "Today I weighed myself".
2. We don't usually use "the" before abstract nouns: "Life is not easy".
3. "the problems of work did forget the other problems" (who is the subject of "forget"? YOU, or "the problems of work"?). A suggestion: "the problems at work helped me to forget the other problems".
4. Leave the clothes of training... Let's start with the verb: use the gerund (leaving), as you are talking about an action you intend to do, an action which is actually the subject of the sentence. Then, let's take a look at the expression "clothes of training". "Training" is a general word, also used in the sense of "formação". You might eventually say "clothes for training", and you might look for other expressions (such as fitness clothing), but I think what you mean is actually "fato de treino", so use "tracksuit".

Good luck with you diet. I can't make mine work...

JLukas